Monday, September 24, 2012

West Coast Podcast Alliance

Every month I download several 40K centric podcasts.  Three of those podcasts Independent Characters, Life After the Cover Save, and Imperial Vox Cast teamed up last year and created the West Coast Podcast Alliance (WCPA).  These three podcasts cross promote the 40K hobby here in Southern California.  They are 40K community leaders in their home towns where they set up tournaments, league nights and local gaming events. This coming weekend the WCPA will be having their first Golden Ticket Event (GTE).  An exclusive invitational taking place in Palmdale, CA at the LAtCS Thunderdome.  Winners were chosen at random and received their GTE invite a week ago.  I'm happy to be one of the recipients of a Golden Ticket.  I'm excited and looking forward to meeting the podcast crews, and thanking them for having brought me closer to my hobby. 

I wanted to make a T-Shirt to commemorate the event, so I went to Uberprints.com and made a custom shirt.  This is an unofficial WCPA shirt, and the only one ever made.  I plan on getting it signed by the podcast crews.  Later on I'll frame the shirt, and hang it up in my garage as a momento of the event.   


 
 
I came back from the West Coast Podcast Alliance Golden Ticket Event with my shirt signed.  Mission accomplished. 
 


3 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff Primebeef!
    I hope you end up liking our little piece of the desert. RoboEd has been hard at work fixing up the Thunderdome for the event. I have a feeling you will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you guys in person. I'll be spending Saturday night at the Embassy Suites, so I hope to hang out with you guys after the event is over. Maybe we can get a few beers and take in the Palmdale night life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure thing. I don't know of any real "night life" here but that has never stopped us before. Looking forward to meeting you... "this is cool right?" *pushes ForgeWorld onto the table*

    ReplyDelete