Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Broadside Bash

I visited the Kingdom-Con, Broadside Bash event located inside the Crown Plaza Hotel in San Diego, CA this weekend.  I arrived late in the afternoon on the last day of the event, not looking to participate.  My adjenda was to meet up with Blake of Life After the Cover Save fame and see what he's been up to.  To my surprise I wasn't charged an entry fee to the event, all I had to pay for was $3.00 for parking. I was able to walk around for a while and see the end of the 40K tournament.  I found Blake, just in time to see him win 2nd place in a Malifaux tournament.  Blake received a sweet prize, the Relic Hunters box set.  It was good to see Blake again, as I am quite interested in hearing what he has to say.  We had lunch and on our way out, I was able to snag a fist full of bitz from the kit bashing conversion table contest.  I scored a bunch of bitz for my terminiators, enough arms to swap out some of my assault terminator for regular stormbolter terminators.  I had a good time at the Broadside Bash, and will have to attened it next year. 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome bits bag.

    Have you been playing any games with your new Space Marines? I would be interested in a Bat Rep if you have played with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't played any games with them yet, I only have Vulkan and two squads. I'm waiting to paint up my drop pods first before I begin playing with the army. I will be sending you my list for inspection, corrections and suggestions. Just reworked it last night, will email it this evening.

    ReplyDelete